Thursday, February 21, 2013

A New Way to See Venues.... Hmm, I Don't Get It.

A Multi-Venue Open House... What? Yeah, that's the reaction I've been getting. Sometimes, just because something is clear in your own mind, it doesn't translate well to others. This has been my experience with the concept for a really fantastic event that I'm a part of; Wedding Walk Tacoma. I can see so clearly how the concept makes amazing sense; 5 premier venues, some of them with historic significance  all having a no-holding-back, pull-out-all-the-stops, interactive open house tour, ON THE SAME DAY! In my mind, who'd want to miss that?! Well, I guess a person has to understand it, to know that they don't want to miss it. So, here it is, described as best I can....


  • Get your tickets online, CHEAP, by signing up for an invite! www.weddingwalkyourcity.com/Membership.html
  • There's a start point, to check in. The start point is at the 1st participating venue, where there is also great parking
  • At the start point, ticket holders check in, then get "passport" that maps out the whole event. Follow it.
  • At each venue there's a Planner table, that explains the thought process behind the design/theme of each space
  • At each venue (there are 5 venues) the event spaces are fully decorated, as if you are at a wedding or party
  • At each venue there are great eats, from leading caterers, who've set up just like they would for a stellar party
  • At each venue there is a dessert or cake expert, also set up and serving
  • At each venue there are additional event service professionals offering goods, and/or discounts 
  • Many venues are offering other activities/entertainment: Photo Booth, Spa Services, Candy Buffet, Live Musicians & DJ's
  • Get your passport stamped at each venue to be entered in a drawing for a FREE WEDDING/EVENT
  • At the last venue, there's an after party


"Okay, really, why wouldn't someone want to spend an afternoon this way?", I ask myself. Ah, because this concept is new, innovative and people just don't "see" it quite yet. So, come try it. See for yourself what a great time this is! Even if you're not planning an event, THIS is an EVENT, and IT'S FUN!

WEDDING WALK TACOMA, Sunday Feb. 24th, Noon-5pm: www.weddingwalkyourcity.com/membership.html
www.agreaterplan.com

1 comment:

  1. The blog article very surprised to me! Your writing is good. In this I learned a lot! Thank you! I like the way you blogged about this topic .
    Austin Wedding Sites

    ReplyDelete